I am 18 and i constantly feel the need to cut myself to release all my emotions....when i do, i feel so much better. i started cutting my wrists and arms about four to five years ago.I don't do any drugs anymore, and im taking zoloft for depression. i started at five milligrams and now im taking 100 milligrams. i take it every night and i still feel depressed, down, and dumb. i recently cut my wrist pretty deep...i dont think of killing myself, i just think about feeling better....and it works. i know thats not a healthy way to express my feelings but its the only way that feels good. what should i do?
hi i cut my wrist when i get really mad or upset and its just bothering me so bad and i cant tell someone do you have any suggestions on how i could stop cutting?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.